One of the primary reasons to make the move from pre-configured synthesizers to patchable modular synthesis is the ability to create your own instrument – be it to pick and choose your favorite flavors of synth building blocks, to expand it in ways you prefer, or to explore new signal paths and configurations. A common question is: Where do you start? Keeping in mind there’s no single right answer (and very few wrong ones), here are a few different approaches and their potential trade-offs.
- Random*Source Serge Wave Multipliers: Wave Folding (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)
- Improving Intonation using the AJH Synth V-Scale
- Verbos Complex Oscillator: Frequency Modulation (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)
- Intellijel Dixie II+ Sync & Flip (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)
- Verbos Scan & Pan: Waveform Scanning (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)