One of the primary reasons to make the move from pre-configured synthesizers to patchable modular synthesis is the ability to create your own instrument – be it to pick and choose your favorite flavors of synth building blocks, to expand it in ways you prefer, or to explore new signal paths and configurations. A common question is: Where do you start? Keeping in mind there’s no single right answer (and very few wrong ones), here are a few different approaches and their potential trade-offs.
- The Eurorack Expansion Project
- AJH Synth Ring SM: Ring Modulator Section (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)
- Synthrotek Verb: Modulated Resonator (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)
- Sputnik Modular: West Coast Random Source (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)
- Lifeforms Dynamic Impulse Filter: Processing Percussion (LMS Eurorack Expansion Preview)