Sometimes seen on octave selector switches on oscillators. It refers to the length of an organ pipe. Longer pipes = lower pitches; 32’ is the lowest setting you will see and is getting into earthquake territory. A pipe or setting half as long (16’) is one octave higher; a pipe half as long again (8’) is two octaves higher; etc.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!