A piece of software code that performs a particular function is sometimes referred to as an algorithm. The different synthesis techniques that may be coded inside a software-based module is often referred to as the module’s algorithms. For example, the Mutable Instruments Braids has a number of different oscillator algorithms, including analog emulation, physical modeling, frequency modulation, additive synthesis, and more. The Expert Sleepers Disting module has a large number of algorithms, each one representing a different function the module can perform (or personality it can take on), including oscillator algorithms, filter algorithms, effects algorithms, various voltage processing algorithms, and more.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular November/December 2022 Newsletter: Mono, Stereo, or Surround?
- Learning Modular/Alias Zone October 2022 Newsletter: Positive Module Trends
- Learning Modular/Alias Zone September 2022 Newsletter: Live Performance Checklist
- Learning Modular August 2022 Newsletter: Performing in Quad
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remembering Dave Smith