Share This

Sometimes, you want to fade out signal down in level at the same time you are fading another one up in level. This process is known as a crossfade, and the control or module that does it is crossfader. You can think of a panning move from the left to right channel in a stereo field to be a kind of crossfade, as you are fading out the level in the left channel, and fading it up in the right.

« Back to Glossary Index