CVP is the abbreviation for a module that allows processing of the voltage going through it – such as amplifying or attenuating it, offsetting it in a positive or negative direction, introducing slew (slurring of changes in voltage), and possibly other functions such as deriving a gate signal from an incoming voltage by running it through a comparator. Make Noise’s Maths is perhaps the most well known control voltage processor out there; you will also find some modules with CVP specifically in their name. Regardless, it’s good to have one or more of this type of module in your system to help massage voltages to get them to do what you want (or to teach them new tricks).« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!