Most modular synths follow a strict relationship between voltage and pitch, such as 1 volt per octave; any deviation would cause tuning errors. Because of this sensitivity, 1v/oct and similar signals and connections are sometimes specifically distinguished as keyboard tracking rather than just “CV” (control voltage) to make it clear they are not attenuated or otherwise modified when controlling a function on a module.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!