Electronic components can age. Certain types of capacitors – namely, electrolytic and tantalum, often used in the power supply section – are the most likely to deteriorate over time; some put the maximum safe life of an electrolytic capacitor to be 25 years. Therefore, serious vintage synth owners “recap” (replace the age-sensitive capacitors in) their older equipment.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular January 2023 Newsletter: The Pros and Cons of Going Hybrid
- Learning Modular November/December 2022 Newsletter: Mono, Stereo, or Surround?
- Learning Modular/Alias Zone October 2022 Newsletter: Positive Module Trends
- Learning Modular/Alias Zone September 2022 Newsletter: Live Performance Checklist
- Learning Modular August 2022 Newsletter: Performing in Quad