This is the shorthand to say a synthesizer may be controlled by voltages (see control voltage above) – usually for pitch – and gate signals to indicate when a note is “on.” An increasing number of controller keyboards are including CV/Gate output in addition to the customary MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface), making them much easier to connect to a modular synthesizer, as no additional MIDI to CV interface is required.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!