Duration is another way of saying length. A clock pulse or a gate signal that is “high” for a certain amount of time – say, 100 msec – is said to have a duration of 100 msec. The length of time you hold a note down, or the length of a step in a sequence, is also called its duration.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!