Pulse has a couple of different meanings in a modular synth. When you alter the shape of a square wave so that one portion is narrower than the other, it is referred to a pulse wave (see Pulse Wave Modulation below). Also, a narrow gate or trigger used as a clocking signal for sequencers and the such is often referred to as a pulse.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!