Parameter is the fancy name given to any value or property or control of a synthesizer module that you’re trying to change. For example, an oscillator’s parameters typically include its pitch and the width of its pulse wave. A filter’s parameter will include its cutoff frequency (pitch), the amount of resonance (feedback), and possibly other controls such as a blend between its different outputs. Parameter was a popular term to describe a value you could change in software, and it’s been carried over by some to hardware modular synths.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!