A linear voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) follows the volts/hertz (v/Hz) standard; more common is the exponential volts/octave (v/oct) standard. The exception is frequency modulation (FM), where a linear control voltage input is often preferred to recreate classic style FM as it does not change the fundamental pitch of the carrier oscillator.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!