In modular synthesis, a “ping” input is a place where you can patch a trigger or gate of any duration, and it converts it into a simple envelope. In particular, some filters and low pass gates (LPGs) have Ping inputs that create an instant attack and fairly quick decay to form a percussive-style envelope, internally patched the the filter’s cutoff frequency. If the filter is oscillating due to high resonance, this creates simple analog percussion sounds such as classic drum machine kicks.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular January 2023 Newsletter: The Pros and Cons of Going Hybrid
- Learning Modular November/December 2022 Newsletter: Mono, Stereo, or Surround?
- Learning Modular/Alias Zone October 2022 Newsletter: Positive Module Trends
- Learning Modular/Alias Zone September 2022 Newsletter: Live Performance Checklist
- Learning Modular August 2022 Newsletter: Performing in Quad