This term is often used to describe the design of the much-loved Moog low-pass filter, which is still held up by many as being the gold standard in low pass filter sound. Moog actually received a patent for this design (it has since expired); many of their competitors either outright copied it or did their best to emulate it.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!