A synthesis technique where four user-selectable waveforms are mixed together using a quad panner before the result is sent on to a filter or other processing. This mix should be voltage control. Although there are a few quad oscillator modules, and several waveform modules that can crossfade between adjacent waves inside a table, I’m still waiting on a true vector synthesis oscillator to appear in a modular synth. It was used in the Sequential Prophet VS, Yamaha SY-22 & TG-33, and Korg Wavestation.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!