Often used to incorrectly describe the connector size commonly used in Eurorack format modules, as well as Buchla audio signals. In fact, Eurorack modules use 3.5mm jacks and plugs (slightly larger than 1/8”); Buchla uses Switchcraft Tini-Jax connectors. Tini-Jax are 3.5mm in diameter, but are slightly different physically from a common 3.5 mm jack. 1/8” plugs would be loose in both of these jacks, so make sure you get 3.5mm connectors ordering parts or cables for these formats.« Back to Glossary Index
- Learning Modular July 2022 Newsletter: Remember Dave Smith
- Learning Modular June 2022 Newsletter: Electronic Music Performance
- Learning Modular May 2022 Newsletter: Latency in Digital Modules
- Learning Modular April 2022 Newsletter: Ambient Performance
- Learning Modular March 2022 Newsletter: Overload!